Saturday, August 15, 2009

A true act of generosity!!!!


One afternoon a lawyer was riding in his
limousine when he saw two men
along the roadside eating grass.
Disturbed, he ordered his driver to stop
and he got out to investigate.
He asked one man, "Why are you eating
grass?" "We don't have any money for
food," the poor man replied. "We have to
eat grass." "Well, then, you can come
with me to my house and I'll feed you,
" the lawyer said. "But sir, I have a wife
and two children with me. They are over
there, under that tree." "Bring them
along," the lawyer replied. Turning to
the other poor man he stated, "You
come with us, also." The second man,
in a pitiful voice, then said, "But sir, I
also have a wife and SIX children with
me!" "Bring them all, as well," the
lawyer answered. They all entered the
car, which was no easy task, even for a
car as large as the limousine was. Once
underway, one of the poor fellows turned
to the lawyer and said, "Sir, you are too
kind." "Thank you for taking all of us with
you." The lawyer replied, "Glad to do it.
You'll really love my place.The grass
is almost a foot high"!!!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You've got it! How true!