Sunday, September 20, 2009

Hooters and the Nun

A nun, badly needing to use the restroom, walked into a local Hooters. 
The place was hopping with music and loud conversation and every 
once in a while the lights would turn off. Each time the lights would 
go out, the place would erupt into cheers. However, when the revelers
saw the nun, the room went dead silent.

She walked up to the bartender, and asked, “May I please use the 
restroom? The bartender replied, “OK, but I should warn you that there 
is a statue of a naked man in there wearing only a fig leaf.”
“Well, in that case I’ll just look the other way,” said the nun.
So, the bartender showed the nun to the back of the restaurant, 
and she preceded to the restroom. After a few minutes, she came 
back out, and the whole place stopped just long enough to give the 
nun a loud round of applause.

She went to the bartender and said, “Sir, I don’t understand. 
Why did they applaud for me just because I went to the restroom?”
“Well, now they know you’re one of us,” said the bartender, 
“Would you like a drink?”
“But, I still don’t understand,” said the puzzled nun.
“You see,” laughed the bartender, “every time the fig leaf on 
the statue is lifted up, the lights go out. Now, how about that drink?”

No comments: